12.19.2005

The Parting

I left you before dawn, peacefully dreaming of things I long ago forgot how to dream, a tiny bundle rising and falling with the rhythm of being newly alive. Wild blonde waves framed your pink cheeks glowing through the pale. There is no angel more beautiful.

I left you without a last goodbye, though I’m satisfied just knowing that for the last days you did not desert me and came to me at every calling for a loving kiss. My gadgets will remain forever not yours and just out of reach for your жадные hands, but don’t worry, you’ll get your own one day. And I hope you take good care of them, too.

When the sun is turned off and the neon heats up, even this gray city is beautiful. I raced away from you, along the near empty streets on which yet another Лада waltzed on the gray slush covering this town. You are not the only one I’ll miss, but sadly, you will be the only one not to remember me.

No comments: