10.05.2007

Flightline: Week 1

If it seems like I blog more about money than flying, it's because why would I blog about something that I'm living and breathing for 15 hours a day? But after this first week on the flightline (5 days, 5 flights, flying is fun, but it can get kinda draining, not to mention demoralizing).
Demoralizing. Exactly, because right now, we are all horrible pilots. Sure, some are better than others, but seriously, we'd probably fail as kamikazes.
Some highlights from this week:
Had a good dollar ride. That means the first ride you have in a plane as a pilot.
Didn't get sick. And I mean vomit, because that happens to people, not at all uncommon.
Broke out of the pattern 8 times within 1/2 hour. That'll stir anyone's stomach. I held it down. Good for me and my uniform. And the crew chief.
Pulled 4 Gs. First G-awareness exercise was flown by the IP, then another one by me two days later. It's actually not that bad, didn't even have to strain that hard to keep the blood going to my brain.
I didn't descend fast enough. That was the bad part. Then the IP took the plane and barrel rolled it two thousand feet down. "Um...Sir...I hadn't FENCEd-out yet." "Oh, I thought you did."
I think I can hack it. Sweet.

No comments: