10.12.2005

Adapters vs. Converters and Why I Didn't Do EE

Nika gave me a three prong US-to-European plug adapter and a two-prone converter. And what did I do in return to her graciousness? I fucked it up. The 3-prone can't even be used in Moscow because "grounding" seems like a foreign concept to them, like "not drinking". I didn't realize that my laptop already came with an adapter capable of taking inputs of both 120 and 240V, so I guess that's how I managed to short out the converter. When the burning smell of plastic and dioxine finally got to me, I gave up and just used a simple adapter, and it worked beautifully with my G-Max.

Not so good with my Sonic 6500. I should've used the converter, but instead, now my $80 toothbrush doesn't charge anymore, and I've resorted to actually brushing with the vibrational power of my hand. Like I said, I fucked it up. Sorry, Nika.

No comments: